Pursuant to the various crises it endured in the last 10 years, Portugal decided to allow foreign investors to benefit from the Golden Visa program through entrepreneurial investment.
GOLDEN VISA PROGRAMS
The Portuguese government Golden Visa Program and Investment-to-Residency system (ARI) allows for the bestowal of residency in 3 general cases: Real-estate investment, capital transfer, entrepreneurship investment. We detail on this page the entrepreneurial investment program.
ENTREPRENEURIAL INVESTMENT PROGRAM
For investments by way of creation of, at least, 10 job positions, this requirement may be reduced in 20% (8 job positions) provided the investment is made in sparsely populated territories (NUT III level with less than 100 inhabitants per sq.km. or with GDP per head less than 75% of national average).
• Social security certificate issued within the prior 45 days confirming that the employees are registered, together with the respective individual employment contracts.
Important note: Family GV and reunification is of course possible for the entrepreneur investor.
Please also note that the Portuguese government also offers various incentive programs, for SMEs or bigger companies, through organizations such as AICEP or the chambers of commerces. We will be more than happy to get you in touch with the correct contacts and benefit from our local network to implement your business as successfully as possible!
Documents and General Requirements:
• Passport or other valid travel document;
• Supporting Documents on the legal entry and stay in Portugal;
• Documentary Evidence of adequate health Insurance (issued within the prior three months), specifically:
* Document attesting that the applicant is covered by the National Health Service, or;
* Document attesting that the applicant is covered by an internationally acknowledged Health Insurance Plan for the duration of the stay, with indication of automatic renewal on the expiry date;
• Extract from the criminal record – duly certified by a Portuguese diplomatic or consular post abroad – of the country of origin, or country of residence in case the applicant has lived in another country for over one year. This document must be translated into Portuguese and must have been issued within the prior three months;
• Completed application form with permission for checking the Portuguese Criminal Records;
• Affidavit, whereby the applicant declares on his / her word of honour that he / she shall comply with the minimum quantitative requirements and maintain the investment for a minimum period of five years;
• Up-to-date declarations issued within the prior 45 days by the Portuguese Tax Authorities and by the Portuguese Social Security confirming the absence of any debts to those authorities, and where that is not applicable, declaration confirming that the applicant is not registered with those authorities;